How to close the account of a deceased relative or friend
We understand that dealing with the death of a family member or friend can be a very distressing experience and we’ll do everything we can to help.
In order for us to update our systems and organise a final bill to the estate of the deceased you’ll need to call us on 0800 092 0202. We’re open 8.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday.
What you will need before you call:
– Executor’s full name, address and all contact telephone numbers.
– Whether the property is owned or rented.
– Details of the deceased; including their address details, customer reference number (if available) and date of death.
– An up-to-date meter reading, if available.
– If the property is rented we will need to know the date the keys will be returned to the landlord or who is now responsible for the ongoing energy consumption.
– A date when you are likely to receive a Grant of Probate.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Flow Energy, Felaw Maltings, 48 Felaw Street, Ipswich, IP2 8PN
If you do choose to write to us, please include the information requested above.